Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bugs

I ate soup today that had a bug in it.

I spotted it right at the beginning of my meal and somehow convinced myself that it was a baby shrimp (I was eating Tom Yum). So I pushed it aside and ate away. Upon further examination I realized it was not a baby shrimp, but a small creature with an exoskeleton.

I don't know what it was, if the fact that I was really hungry, or that the soup was tasty, or the fact that maybe I just didn't think it would kill me, but I ate away and finished the soup without complaint. And no, I had never seen that bug before so I am not sure what it was.

I have been thinking about this a lot, and the truth is, I don't know what that makes me.

....

In other bug news, remember this post?

Check out the laundry I had just brought from outside:


Now look closer...


That my friends is a young male yellow flower spider (I'm no expert but it is a good guess, females have bigger abdomes me thinks). It was actually really cute and I was trying to gently get it on a stick so I could release it outside. I'm sad to report that he didn't survive the transition.

We also have one of these in the backyard and I am just boggled at how clever that spider is, with its little leaf protecting it.

I used to hate bugs, but now I am slowly making my peace with them...

1 comment:

Meder Kydyraliev said...

i've sent all the bugs to keep you company <3