Sunday, September 15, 2013

Adventures in Crochet

I learned to crochet at school in 5th grade.

This little martian sheep/bumble bee was inspired by one of my cousin's designs (not an original, sorry..), I made it for a little 3 year old friend

It's like riding a bike, you never forget...

Dressing up a fake indoor plant from IKEA

I also watched my grandmother make doilies ever since I can remember. She also used to crochet clothes for my barbie dolls which I *loved* her for.

I turned it into a hanging planter, inspired by Dottie Angel

I tried to learn how to knit but it was like learning to write with my left hand! Too clumsy...

You can make hanging planters from doilies without having to crochet a thing, check out Dottie Angel's blog for inspiration.

Also, DIY Neon Plant Pots.

2 comments:

Asirap said...

These look awesome! Great job. My mom crochets too, but only scarves. Lots and lots and lots of scarves.

SoulKadhiBlog said...

The littlie took it to bed last night :)