Monday, September 13, 2010

A message from the future...

We made it!

This was officially one of the suckiest trips of my life. The trip started off with lots of hiccups and we were both in a bad mood the entire time. Not what I had in mind for the first day of my new life.

[I had written several paragraphs on this page about everything that happened. But I think it is best to leave it behind and rejoice on the fact that we are here, together]


OMG WE'RE IN SYDNEY!!!

We arrived in the evening of Saturday, and we went out for a walk and a beer around Sydney's Darling Harbour (our hotel is there). I never felt more like a country girl before. Naturally, it was Saturday night, and so people looked absolutely fabulous, while we were walking around in jeans and t-shirts. I was astonished by the amount of mini-tight dresses and platform high heels I saw in such tiny area. I admit that I felt a bit overwhelmed and nervous, and it was a feeling that totally sneaked up on me! I didn't see it coming...

Thankfully on Sunday we left the CBD, back to normalcy. We rented bikes and did a tour of the Inner West suburbs. All the houses have beautiful Victorian railings, the streets are quiet and the neighborhoods have parks! I was particularly fond of King Street in Newtown, which reminds me of Haight and Ashbury in San Francisco. People there were much more eclectic, relaxed, artsy and friendlier than the good looking folks at CBD. And yes, Australians *are* good looking. What really surprises me is how they eat. We stopped at a grill restaurant on Saturday night and all the dishes coming our were piles of meat (piles!!!) on top of piles of chips!

Everything already seems cheaper than in Zurich, and that makes me happy. The weather is sunny, though still a bit brisk, it is only the beginning of spring here. That makes me happy too. We're happy.

I will be looking for apartments all of this week.

4 comments:

emilia said...

OMG YOU'RE IN SYDNEY!!! :)

Asirap said...

Meder is NOT doing a good job of looking happy. (But I know he's just being tough.) Woohoo, Sydney!

Joan said...

Welcome to your new life!

a&d said...

remeber you can always come back to CH.we will be happy to show you Zug! Keep on posting infos about that damn interesting country... and pictures!